US Expat Guides

Expat Tax Return Filing Requirements

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside. Read More



Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

Fortunately, you can qualify to exclude from income up to an amount of your foreign earnings that is adjusted annually for inflation. But you must file a tax return each year to claim the exclusion or deduction.  Read More



Bona Fide Resident Test

The Bona Fide Resident Test is one of the two tests US Americans and green card holders living abroad can use to qualify to claim the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, the Foreign Housing Exclusion, or the Foreign Housing Deduction. If your tax home is in a foreign country, the Physical Presence Test or the Bona Fide Resident Test can be used by an expat living overseas to maximize the exclusion of their foreign earned income and avoid double taxation. Read More

Please contact us by using the form below:

First Name *
Last Name *
E-Mail *
Phone Number
Current Country of Residence
Best Method of Contact
Years to file 2014
Last tax year a return was filed with the IRS
Type of Employment
Do you own a rental property

Get In Touch

Featured Articles

Subscribe to our Emailed Newsletter